The Human Capital Generalist performs a number of key HC activities at Woodstock in the areas of employee relations, hourly recruitment, training, health and safety, and related projects.
Specifically, the Human Capital Generalist:
- Supports the Human Capital Manager;
- Promotes positive employees relations with an emphasis on communication, respect, and teamwork;
- Acts as a front-line resource to respond promptly to group benefit, pension, payroll, and other employee-related matters;
- Leads the hourly recruitment process at Woodstock;
- Coordinates activities related to training, development, and health and safety;
- Maintains training records and follows up with Operations to advise of requirements;
- Ensures the consistent application of HC policies and procedures;
- Participates in various committees - such as Health & Safety and Training - to support the Operations;
- Supports the regional Prevention Manager with health and safety programs, audits, and the like;
- Supports the Health & Wellness Specialist with health and safety claims administration and return to work;
- Administers the hourly Payroll at Woodstock; and
- Performs other related duties as required.